Procedures currently in place-
- Outdoors – All sessions are outdoors which is the safest place to be
- Reduced group size – Max group size is 10 rather than the usual 15
- Minimising contact with individuals who are unwell -by ensuring that those who have corona virus symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend our settings
- Food & Drink – Attendees bring with them all the food and drink they will require for the session (more details on what to wear & bring sent out in the welcome pack when booked)
- Ensuring good respiratory hygiene – promote the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- Arrival procedures– where necessary arrivals will be staggered to ensure social distancing for parents
- Hand washing – We have additional running water hand washing stations- We will remind participants to wash their hands on arrival, before and after each activity and on departure
- Cleaning – We disinfect shared equipment between uses with an effective virucide
- Social distancing – We observe social distancing rules. When staff need to help children with some tasks and ensure their comfort and safety, they will wear a face shield
- Adapted activities– We have adapted activities to ensure compliance with government guidelines
- Personal Protective Equipment/ First aid– We have extensive PPE to protect children and staff in case of a first aid situation
- Long term safety– We keep all participants details for 21 days for NHS track and trace requirements
Dates: August 13th 20th 25th & 27th
Sessions will run from 9am-3pm – £45 per child per day. Suitable ages 7-12
Children will have the opportunity to build dens, do natural arts and crafts, safely socialise, have fun and more!
Testimonials from our Forest Summer Camp:
“Just a thank you for making these experiences so much fun…it has been a valuable experience”
“Extremely impressed with the team”
“Keep up the great work, you have a winning formula”
Bookings – Fully Booked
Due to unprecedented demand we will be closing bookings until next week. Once all outstanding bookings are confirmed we will first contact people that added their names to the waiting lists. If there are any places left, we will go through the enquiry emails on a first come first served basis.
Thank you for your patience
Our sister partnership, Medway valley countryside partnership are also running Summer sessions to find out more click here – https://medwayvalley.org/forest-school/
To be added to the waiting list for bedgebury please email us on Forestschool@khwp.org.uk with a phone number and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We will take your booking, go through the key points of what to bring and wear on the day as well as go through the current arrival procedure.
For payments we will , with your permission, pass your phone number to the Friends of Bedgebury pinetum who will contact you to take the payment by phone. All your details will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with GDPR laws. We never pass on details to any other organisations.
Once you are booked we will email the welcome pack and medical forms to be completed and emailed to us at KHWP.