As champions of Forest School’s inspirational approach to learning, and connecting to the natural world, we have made it part of our mission to spread the word. We aim to raise awareness through the provision of training prospective Forest School leaders by providing nationally accredited qualifications.
KHWP are able to offer Ofqual Forest School training at our permanent Forest School site within Bedgebury Pinetum.
Our training is offered one day a week for a number of weeks rather than in an intensive block. Our students have told us they love this approach as it allows them to take on board all the new things they learn each week.
Procedures currently in place-
- Outdoors! – All sessions are outdoors which is the safest place to be
- minimising contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend our settings
- cleaning hands more often than usual – We will remind participants to wash their hands on arrival, before and after each activity and on departure
- ensuring good respiratory hygiene – promote the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- cleaning frequently touched surfaces, tools and vehicles often using standard products, such as detergents and bleach
- Activities- We have adapted activities to ensure compliance with government guidelines
- KHWP PPE – we have PPE (masks/shields, gloves) in place for any close contact and updated out first aid policies for emergencies
- Track & Trace– We keep your contact info to assist in the Track & Trace service should an case affect any staff or participants.
If you are interested but have some questions please email us on email@example.com or call 01580 212972 (phone not manned everyday currently)
If you would like to book a place please fill in the Booking forms below electronically and email it to us.
We can deliver Bespoke Forest School Training on your school grounds, please contact us for more info on this offer.
Course- Level 3 Forest School leader £850 2020 The course will commence in september 2020 for 9 consecutive weeks.Dates are –
Tuesday September 8th,15th, 22nd, 29th
October 6, 13, 20, 27
Skills assessment day in February tbc.
We will be adhering to all the government guidance and social distancing, the course is run outside in our Forest School setting with ample room including areas undercover, toilets and ample washing facilities. We have protocols to deliver all elements safely , if you have any concerns please get in contact.
We can only accept digital copies of forms, please complete digital copies and sent to the team – firstname.lastname@example.org
What our students say about us
‘Bright Sparks offer Community, Friendly approachable trainers (with) a wealth of knowledge and passion about Forest School’
‘Very inspiring, fun relaxed environment leads to positive engagement with learning’
‘Amazing! This qualification has improved my confidence, quality of life and future career prospects’
‘Thank you for this fantastic opportunity to let me learn in this fabulous environment’
‘Academic side very well balanced with practical side. A very well thought out and delivered course’
‘The most fun I’ve had training, ever!’
Click here to see some lovely images of our training over the last few years.
Forest School Taster Session £45 – half day introducing the Forest School approach.
Date: New dates to be announced Time: 10:00 am-2.00 pm
Want to know more about Forest School but don’t want to go on a formal course? This could be for you. This 3-hour course will include a Forest School session encompassing practical skills, games and tool use. We will also cover the basics of Forest School theory ,practical activities, games, tool use and a campfire lunch.
As an added incentive we will discount the £45 course fee off the cost of our Level 3 Forest School Practitioner Training commencing in September